Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm Honored


I woke up this morning to this blog award from 4 Lil' Girls
What a sweet thing, thank you so much! I get so much inspiration from other blogs, I almost feel like I'm cheating. I just asked my daughter to help me come up with 10 things about myself and the first thing she said was "crazy" so I guess she's not a good resource! Ok, here goes:
1-I have so many interests and hobbies I sometimes believe I have adult onset ADD. I have a craft room full of rubber stamps, beads, fabric, friendly plastic, and yarn (well the yarn is spilling out into the living room now). Daily I have to restrain myself from adding another new hobby.
2-This is a weird one, but I know some of you will try it......I love, love, love the smell of dog paws! Try it!
3-My mom is my best friend! (after my husband) We instigate each other into starting new crafts. She makes me put on my big girl panties and deal with things and I want to be just like her when I grow up!
4-My dad is another one of my best friends! We go metal detecting together, target practicing, and I get my love of animals from him. He also inspired me to become a nurse - he retired from anesthesia and loved every day of it.
5-My husband and I are homebodies, our most favorite place to be is at home with each other and our animals (dog and two cats). We recently purchased a travel trailer and are looking forward to getting out to see some of the California coast since we have lived here almost all our lives and hardly seen any of it. We are most contented just being with family.
6-I do NOT like to be called attention to when it is my birthday! I have been known to walk out of a restaurant because someone told the waitress it was my birthday and they were going to sing to me. (cringe) I get this from my dad and somehow passed it along to my son. What's with that??
7-It is my belief that I have the best looking children in the world. My son is now 24 and enjoys anything that has an engine and makes loud noises.....and moves at a fast speed. My twin daughters are almost 21 (sigh) and are complete opposites. One is blonde, one is brunette; one is an early riser, one sleeps in like me. I can't figure out how so many years have disappeared! We've filled our empty nest with a dog and two cats....things are pretty quiet now-a-days!
8-During my husband's 24 years in the Air Force we got to live in Germany, Japan, Texas, and Georgia. Lots of adventures!
9-I just asked my husband for input....he said: "critters love you!" It's probably a good thing we don't have a huge house or lots of land because I would rescue every critter I could and never get anything else accomplished.
10-My favorite food is peanut butter....I believe it courses through my veins!
I will pass this award on once I figure out how. Thanks again to 4 Lil'Girls for the recognition, you made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment